older man with heartburn, acid reflux or indigestion

Q. Do you have a diet for helping me survive omeprazole detox? Your book Best Choices alerted me to the dangers of the drug and I want to end my addiction. When I forgot to take the drug two days in a row, I experienced heartburn hell.

Earlier I tried to take myself off the drug, but I could only stand it for a week. Now I can’t skip one day without wanting to die.

A. Stopping powerful acid-suppressing drugs like omeprazole (Prilosec), esomeprazole (Nexium) or lansoprazole (Prevacid) can be tough. (We have written about this problem before.)

In one study, even people who had never had heartburn before developed it when they abruptly stopped taking omeprazole  (Reimer C, et al. Gastroenterology, July, 2009). The fact that rebound heartburn symptoms can be even worse than the initial problem being treated explains your difficulty stopping the medicine.

In another study, some healthy volunteers took placebo pills while others took pantoprazole (Protonix) for a month. When they stopped their medicine, those who had been on placebo had very little change in their digestive symptoms, while those who had taken pantoprazole had significant digestive distress (American Journal of Gastroenterology, July, 2010).

Company in Your Misery

You have plenty of company. Many visitors have reported trouble getting off omeprazole or other PPI drugs. KH reported:

“A few months ago I went to my doctor complaining of occasional nausea and stomach pain a few hours after going to bed. After having a blood test done to ensure nothing serious was going on, she suggested that I take Prilosec OTC for a 28 day cycle to repair my stomach lining. It seemed to work great! Last week was my first week Prilosec free and even though I only took it for 28 days my body was a mess.

“I had nausea and stomach pain frequently, had bad headaches, felt weak and generally had no energy. I went back to the doctor at the end of the week and she suggested I go back on the Prilosec. I have been really hesitant to do so because she gave me no end date, only told me I should keep taking it as long as I needed. I found this site just in time! I will definitely be looking up natural remedies to cure my issues.”

Joe discussed this phenomenon with NPR reporter Richard Knox several years ago. Gradual reduction of the dose, if possible, is a good tactic.

Tips for Getting Off Omeprazole

Diet

The effort to stop the medication is worthwhile. Such proton pump inhibitor drugs (PPIs) have multiple frightening side effects, especially when used for a long time. The most recent bad news on this front is that such medications can increase the risk of a heart attack by about 20% (PLoS One, June 10, 2015).

In addition to avoiding the foods that generally cause you heartburn, you might want to experiment with a low-carb diet. One small study found that when obese individuals followed a very low-carb diet, similar to Dr. Atkins’ recommendations, their reflux symptoms improved and they had less acid splashing up into the lower part of the esophagus (Digestive Diseases and Sciences, Aug. 2006).

Almonds

A number of people have reported that eating a small quantity of almonds after a meal can ward off symptoms of heartburn. Dr. Crystal wrote:

“I have a new patient with severe heartburn. (I find taking a person off their allergens usually clears it up permanently.)

“I saw her yesterday and she had a strong aggravation during our visit. I watched her stop it almost immediately with 2 almonds. She says it works every time.”

We should caution that some individuals report almonds make their symptoms worse, although many report that it helps as much as medication, if not more. Stella suggests sipping almond milk for reflux relief.

Vegetables

Some readers are enthusiastic about broccoli as a heartburn remedy. One fellow who calls himself Luke Skywalker reported that cutting out meat, flour and sugar and drinking a cup of freshly made vegetable juice twice a day was his ticket to alleviating heartburn symptoms. Another visitor wrote:

“During the first two weeks I ate 1/2 cup of broccoli a day (sometimes raw, sometimes cooked). I was able to stop taking Prilosec.

“Now I make sure to eat broccoli at least twice a week. I haven’t had any problems with reflux in more than a year.”

Probiotics

Other possible dietary remedies include fermented foods. One person wrote that drinking homemade sauerkraut juice eased symptoms quickly, perhaps due to the beneficial probiotic microorganisms in sauerkraut. Such bacteria have been shown to relieve digestive symptoms (Gut Microbes, Nov.-Dec., 2010).

Other remedies that people have tried and liked include eating half a banana, drinking bitters in club soda, swallowing a spoonful of yellow mustard and chewing sugarless gum. There are even studies demonstrating the value of chewing sugar-free gum to fight reflux symptoms (Journal of Dental Research, Nov., 2005; Journal of Dietary Supplements, June, 2015).

Herbal Remedies

One very helpful botanical medicine is deglycyrrhizinated licorice, DGL. Glycyrrhizin is one of the active compounds in licorice and gives licorice root its sweetness, but it can cause side effects such as high blood pressure. Removing the glycyrrhizin allows other ingredients in licorice to go to work calming heartburn symptoms. The usual recommendation is to take DGL twenty minutes before each meal.

Cayenne pepper extract is less common as a heartburn remedy, but a number of readers have testified that taking cayenne pills or adding Tabasco or other hot pepper concentrate to a beverage can prevent or reverse the discomfort of heartburn.

Another botanical medicine that is often very helpful is ginger. Ginger has been used for centuries to ease digestive distress, especially nausea but also reflux symptoms. We suspect that ginger is responsible for the benefit so many people have noted from using “Persimmon Punch.”

The Amazing Persimmon Punch Story:

Q. I have been taking acid-suppressing drugs like omeprazole for more than 20 years.

After reading about the side effects of such drugs, I am ready to quit. I understand that this can be painful.

I read about persimmon punch on your website and would like to try it to avoid heartburn. How often should I take it?

A. People who take proton pump inhibitors (PPI) such as esomeprazole (Nexium), lansoprazole (Prevacid) or omeprazole (Prilosec) may experience rebound hyperacidity if they stop their drug abruptly (Gastroenterology, July, 2009).  Symptoms of reflux can last for weeks.

One reader phased off omeprazole over seven months by reducing the dose gradually. According to people who have used persimmon punch in this effort, it helps to drink two ounces before each meal.

The first time we heard about persimmon punch, it was from a woman who had eaten in a Korean restaurant:

“Someone ordered Persimmon Punch, a concentrated cinnamon-ginger drink, for dessert. A few sips later, I felt fantastic. After a month of adding 3 tablespoons of the cinnamon-ginger drink to my tea morning and night, my heartburn was in control.”

You can find the more details on the Persimmon Punch recipe along with Tips from Dr. Tieraona Low Dog for getting off PPIs in our Guide to Digestive Disorders.

DGL (Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice)

Q. Stopping omeprazole (Prilosec) is really hard. When I tried, my heartburn came back worse than ever. I heard a report on public radio last year that when people stop this kind of medicine they experience rebound acidity that leads to bad heartburn.

An Internet search revealed a number of folks using deglycyrrhizinated licorice extract (DGL) to manage their reflux. When I asked at my local health food store, I learned that many people claim DGL has helped them get off omeprazole.

I went cold turkey off the omeprazole and chewed two 400 mg DGL tablets before each meal. If it was a particularly spicy meal (garlic is a culprit for me), I used an additional tablet after the meal. I followed this regimen for several months and then stopped altogether.

Today I seldom need the DGL, but when I do, I chew a single tablet for immediate relief. I continue to be amazed how effective this is.

A. Licorice that has not had glycyrrhizin removed could be dangerous. People who overdose on natural licorice may experience hypertension, headaches, hormonal imbalance and reduced libido.

DGL, on the other hand, appears much safer. It has been prescribed in Europe and South America to treat ulcers (Gut, June, 1985). Others tell us that DGL can help in gradual withdrawal from acid-suppressing drugs such as omeprazole.

Apple Cider Vinegar…Really!

Surprisingly, many people find that taking apple cider vinegar in a glass of water alleviates symptoms quickly.

And of course, dissolving a half teaspoon of baking soda in four ounces of water and drinking it is an old-fashioned but effective heartburn remedy. Don’t overdose, though and don’t combine the baking soda and vinegar; that would create a dramatically foaming concoction reminiscent of a grade-school volcano project.

Our book, The People’s Pharmacy Quick & Handy Home Remedies, has details on many of these remedies.

Revised February 19, 2016

1. Marley
    Uk

I have been taking omeprazole for approx fourteen years now , recently had a bout of diarrhoea and vomiting so was unable to take it . Since then have tried to cut it out completely but am suffering constant Nausea , has anyone else experienced this .

2. Kaye
    US

I am amazed at what this drug has done to my body. I have nearly every symptom and side effect. I have been taking it on and off since Feb. 2017 for an assumed ulcer. A week at a time seemed to be the best way earlier in the year as I don’t recall having any major issues after going off from one week. My ulcer pain was reoccurring so I would take it again, for another week, etc. In July I was advised to stay on it through September.

I had severe abdominal pain on my right side and my kidneys have been kicking me this whole time. I have had kidney stones and thought that it was unrelated. During the abdominal pain sessions after food I would be extremely bloated and uncomfortable, sometimes confused, not able to focus, constipated, and generally feeling like my guts were going to implode. Two weeks ago I had severe chest pain and went to the ER, my heart was fine, with no incident (how strange). Then I found out via a back lumbar MRI that I have a large mass on my liver. The first thing I did was go off of Prilosec, but I probably should have stepped down a bit. I now know that this drug causes liver, kidney and gastric tumors, polyps, disease, and dysfunction. I am one week off of the drug today and am remedying symptoms with apple cider vinegar. I hope the damage to my kidneys and liver is repairable.

3. Jim
    Philadelphia suburbs

I have been on it for 20 years! I am trying to get off right now. I am very slowly tapering from once every 24 hours. 25 hours, then 26 hours, 27 hours etc., I am up to 42 hours. I am letting one Tums melt in my mouth at 36 hours and 42 hours. Once I get to 48 hours, I plan to level off at every other day for a week and then see about working up to 60 hours, then 72 hours.

4. Travis
    Lakewood, CA

I was diagnosed with GERD in 2001. I am a recovering drug addict with almost 19 years clean. My Dr. thinks my GERD may have been brought on by my years of meth abuse (11 year run). I was prescribed Aciphex in the early days but after about two years and still having heartburn frequently my Dr started me on 20mg omeprozole. I have been on Omeprazole for over 14 years. Generally, if I miss a dose, I’ll feel it later. Recently, she tried switching me over to ranitidine but it was a direct switch and after 3 days it was unbearable and per her instruction, went back on Omeprazole. I have known for years that the long term study was inconclusive, but in the past couple of years, I’ve been seeing more and more articles come out on the dangers. I emailed my Dr a week ago about how to get off this drug but haven’t received a response. I don’t want to continue taking this drug. I’m overweight, and I am concerned about the heart damage. I know losing weight will help dramatically. I decided to lower my dosage from 20mg a day to 20mg every other day and the off days I’m taking a 150mg ranitidine. My goal is to do this for a month and then change it up to every 3 or 4 days on Omeprazole. I am so glad I found this article and especially the comments of what works for some. I know now I need to reduce carbs, probably cut tomatoes out and lower sugar intake. As far as caffeine, I usually drink only 1 or two cups of regular coffee a day, but I also have my home cold brewed coffee, about 24 oz a day, but, cold brewed is around 70% less acidic. I’m just haired out about Omeprozole and I don’t want to take it for the rest of my life because of the dangers. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

5. Rob
    Colorado

Does anyone know of ill effects of suddenly switching from Omeprazole 40 mg to Zantac? I have been on O for nearly 3 years and after reading the horror stories here I want to stop it. I tried stopping a while back but after 4 days w/out it I couldn’t stand the pain. Thanks for any help.

6. Evie
    Lent

I have been off Omrorazple for 9 weeks. Reduced dose for one week then stopped completely. I was really worried about rebound effect.

I am fine I started a acid watchers diet and it worked a treat. I’ve lost 1 stone 5 lbs in weight. Back on normal healthy diet but only eat chicken turkey or fish with loads of veg for dinner. Porridge with almond milk for breakfast. Lunch is fresh raw veg and nuts. I also eat lots of fruit.

Feeling really great loads of energy. Wish I’d done it sooner.

7. Tom
    WA

I have been on PPI for 20+ years. I was diagnosed at 19 and was treated once with a ‘one-time’ combination of drugs that alleviated all my symptoms for about 3 years. Today I take one 40-mg capsule each night before bed. Until I found this site I wondered if I was the only one having some of the symptoms. The neuropathy in my feet/legs was being attributed to possible heart issues by a couple of docs. They did an ECG and found nothing. So many of the symptoms here are things I’ve had for a few years. Stopping just puts me into absolute misery by day 2, so the apple cider vinegar is going to be something for me to try. Thank you all for your input and sharing your experiences. I’m not interested in cutting years off my life. Diet modification, exercise and naturopathic treatment are in my future.

8. Kathleen
    Orange County, CA

After being on omeprazole for 15 years, it was discovered I now have osteoporosis in my spine (70 years old). My doc has replaced O with Rx strength Zantac (ranitidine).

I am an absolute mess. Headaches, reflux, and now, irritable bowels. I am drinking aloe juice before each meal: nothing. I’m drinking a bowel (organic) regulator: a wee bit better, but don’t want to leave the house. I’m barely eating at all…the payment is too dear.

My next step is to asked to be referred to an gastro doctor and get to the bottom of this. Okay, this probably doesn’t help a soul, but there sure is a difference between PPI’s and whatever the Other acid-blockers are…

9. Pam
    colorado

I was on Omeprazole for 2 years for gastric ulcers and last summer I fell off the bottom step of my back porch, about a foot and a half fall and braced myself with my hands and broke the ulna and radius in my wrist. After trying to look for alternatives to get off Omeprazole I read that some of the side effects are spine, hip and wrist fractures and the calcium in your body is depleted.

I guess that is right! I am now not on it. I went cold turkey. Had heart burn but took care of it will ginger soda and tea. I have increased my D3 and calcium in hope I can turn around the damage this caused my body.

10. Pamela
    Portland Or

I have been on Prilosec for 15 years, 20 mg daily ( sometimes 2 tab’s ) . I am convinced the culprit that caused the reflux to begin was wine and coffee. The Prilosec allowed all of that pain free. Only of late have I discovered the dangers. I have non- diabetic bilateral neuropathy starting in both feet and over the years slowly progressing upward toward knee’s.

The PPI drugs affect the absorption of Vit. B, magnesium and other nutrients that contribute to many issues. I dropped the Prilosec from 20 mg to 10 mg daily. I did not want to cut the pill because it is “ timed-release” and should not be cut in half because it causes immediate release of contents.

My primary care Dr. prescribed a 10 mg. Omaprozole pill . I took 20 mg, every other day and one 10 mg the other day. Now I’m down to only 10 mg daily in the a m and doing well. Any symptoms and I drink water ( to dilute ) ., baking soda or Pepcid. I am now taking the 10 mg every other morning and will try stopping altogether in a few weeks.

I’ll have the DGL handy as well as Pepcid. BTW: The wine stopped some time ago and the coffee is one or two a day. I suspect my system will always be sensitive to reflux but I will never, ever treat it with this drug. It should have a black box warning.

• Sandy
      San Diego, CA

Ohhh – I also have been on Omeprazole/Prilosec/Nexium for over 20 years for GERD/Acid reflux. I have suffered through the coughing, non-diabetic bilateral neuropathy in both feet, headaches and chest pain, confusion and many times was told it most likely due to a reaction to some “new prescription.” So – after all these years on the med – I stopped cold turkey 6 days ago and have suffered through a massive headache – unbalanced feeling – severe dizziness and just totally off keel!

When I stopped the Omeprazole – I started drinking 8 oz of water with a tsp of baking soda first thing in the morning … During the first couple days I did need to drink this a couple more times during the day – and couple times took Tums. This diminished the acid reflux symptoms greatly.

Almost 1 week now and the withdrawal symptoms are slowly subsiding – but the headache is not totally gone and I am still off keel! I went to a local health food store and in talking with one of the Vitamin/Supplement Counselors I learned of the DGL Licorice Root Extract and have decided to start with this supplement tomorrow morning. Sad part of this … It’s recommended I stay away from dairy and red meat! 😮

I am thankful I found this forum to be able to be a part of it to learn from others and to share with others! Thank you all!

• Jodi
      Klamath Falls, OR

Pamela,

I have questions about the neuropathy issues in your feet and legs. Do you feel the use of omeprazole contributed to this? Has it gotten any better since you have decreased your dose?
      I too, suffer with neuropathy in feet and legs.

• Suz
      Florida

Try Vitamin B-Complex for my Diabetic Neuropathy. One capsule a day & 98% of neuropathy is gone.

11. Evie
    UK

Update on withdrawal from Omeprazole
    I have been off it for 9 days, so far doing really well. No adverse affects.
    I changed my diet to low acid diet (only eating foods with Ph level of 5 or more) 2 weeks before I stopped taking Omeprazole.
    I stopped drinking coffee which I used to drink very strong at least 6 cups a day each with 2 heaped teaspoons coffee.
    That was hard I had to wean myself off of it over a week period to avoid withdrawal headache.
    I have lost half a stone in weight sticking to low a low ph value diet, very healthy eating, having mainly fish, loads of low ph value vegetables and fruit and nuts.
    I have stopped having to clear my throat, the soreness I had in my mouth has improved hugely.
    I feel really well at the moment and no hint of rebound reflux
    I now eat last meal at least 3 hours before bed, and only drink water.
    Bit of a sacrifice for me to eat like this, but I feel it’s so worth it to feel this good.
    Will update in a few weeks

12. Evie
    Uk

I’ve been on Omeprazole for a year 20 mg once a day. They were given to me by ENT Dr because of swollen vocal cord. GP continued to give them to me.
    Shocked at the effects it has had on health. I have had a severe sore throat for 4 months. 3 lots of heavy duty antibiotics. I have a sore tongue, raised rough taste buds and my tongue feels uncomfortable in my mouth. I also have teeth marks on side of tongue, suspect cause B Vit deficiency. I also have a lump on old tonsil site which GP said is tonsil regrowth.

I am convinced the cause is Omeprazole so I have started a weaning off program. I’m in week 2. Will update progress.

13. FOLLOWING
    Isle of Wight UK

I’ve been on omeprazole (20mg) for 4 years following a perforated duodenal ulcer.
    I have just stopped – cold turkey – for a week and have suffered little or no discomfort.
    The pain from osteoarthritis in my knee has decreased

14. Patrick
    Anambara state Nigeria

My Name is Patrick
    Nigeria
    I’v had gastrites for over 10years
    It comes and goes after taking omeprazol but for almost a year now it has been troubling me. My doctor had placed me on Nexium for 3months with antacid but it didn’t stop, now am on prilosec for 2weeks now and am still having pain and discomfort in my stomach… Pls what can I do??

15. Janet F
    TX

I have Barretts, and I am scared of the 20 mg of this med, omeprazolum, I don’t feel good ever while taking it, yesterday I forgot it for the first time in 6 months, I got up this morning feeling good, until I took the med again.

16. Kate
    UK

My almost 11 yr old daughter has been on 40mg Prilosec for many years, and on the drug for 10 years. We’ve reduced her reflux on an exclusion diet but she’s having horrific withdrawal even weaning slowly from the PPI. She’s only 25.5kg, it’s been a very high dose for far too long. Any tips?

17. Mathew Lona
    NY

I was taking one 40 mg omiprazole per day for about threee months for a modarate Ulser. during last month my heart began to beat abnormaly and felt irregular pain. This side effect of omiprazole was never told ether by my gastroenrologist or cardiologist. After having my stress test cardilogist said that I was positive for the test and EkG was not normal , so need CATHLAB for futher investgation. My wife had questions? As I had no high BP,smoking, drnking , or family history . Then why ?, I had lot of confusion. after googled omiprazole side effects. By this time I find out the untold side effects of the medicine and I stopped it . Omiprazole don’t warn for this serious side effects. Now I am waiting to see my doctors again ?

18. Scott

I have been on PPIs for about 20 years. My belief is that taking them makes it so you can not absorb other medications and fully absorb the nutritional value of food. I stopped by watching what I eat, noting the foods that cause reflux. Using the apple cider vinegar home remedy seems to have worked for me. Also after stopping I have developed a swallowing issue where I have to force my first few bites of food down by drinking something. Sleeping on my left side seems to keep the acid at bay during the night.

19. Palmer Reneau

I truly enjoy reading on this web site. It contains superb blog posts. “I have a new philosophy: I’m only going to dread one day at a time.” by Charles M. Schulz.

20. Monica

I have been on Omeprazole 20mg (1 a day) for the past 3 weeks. I’ve had a massive headache for the past week and half that I went to the ER for a head scan but came back normal.
    I swear it’s the omeprazole that is probably making me vitamin B deficient.

If I quit cold turkey, would I have the same symptoms as all of you?

need help
    thanks

21. nancy
    14626

I was never really concerned about taking Omeprazole, until my boyfriend spoke to our doctor about her prescribing this medication to him for his heartburn and stomach problems. She told him he can only use it for a short time to see if it helps and then slowly reduce to none.

He asked her how come I am still on them and have been for many years and her reply was I am all ready addicted to them and that it would probably be too late to take me off of them. This statement is what made me more interested in my research now.

22. Barbara
    UK

Really happy to tell everyone I have no reflux since drinking tea made with a tablespoon of freshly cut ginger, adding a little honey to sweeten. Make it in the mornings with enough water for 3 mugs in a saucepan. Needs simmering for 3 to 5 minutes. Simply have to warm the rest up which I drink about 5:00pm and finally before going to bed.

23. ann mccabe
    glasgow

I do not suffer heartburn I hava small hernia and wen I forget to take omerazopole mmy food will not pass my throat v v uncomfortable choking feeling

• JE
      Fl

I have the same thing… Are you trying to get off the meds?

24. Sue
    Michigan

I have been on PPIs for 11 years. First on 20 mg Aciphex and then on 30mg Dexilant. Every time I tried to quit Aciphex, I would get such awful chest pain that I was concerned that it was a heart attack. I waited, not wanting to go the the hospital, and a calcium carbonate relieved it somewhat.

I went back on Aciphex. Now, after 3 years on Dexilant, I have decided to cut back. Since 30mg Dexilant is similar to two 15mg Prevacid capsules, I decided to try taking just a 15mg Prevacid. This is day 9 of my attempt, and it has been difficult. I am using calcium carbonate, when needed. I have had to change my healthy diet to accommodate this change, but it is almost tolerable so far, and much better than cold turkey.

25. Gary
    Rochester,N.Y.

I have been taking 40 mg of Omeprazole for approx 10 years for acid reflux. I recently received a flyer from Walmart Pharmacy about the dangers when I renewed my prescription; Last week after having severe Diarrhea every morning (5 days) within one to two hours after taking the pills, I stopped taking the pills cold turkey. I have had no reactions that I have noticed and generally feel about the same as before I stopped, (without the Diarrhea). My breakfast remains as before, dish of instant oatmeal with cranberry & flaxseed and I load it up with raisins and at least two teaspoons of ground cinnamon. The rest of my meals are a wide variety from Chile burgers to pasta, fish etc. Snacks are P-nut butter and crackers. – 80 yrs.old.

26. Junie
    Washington

I have read many of your great suggestions and trials here. I have taken a little bit of advice from most of you and I wish to share my experience.

I have been on 20 mg. Prilosec OTC for 6 months as ordered from my gastroenterologist. This was after the scope with no adverse biopsy. My problem began initially in taking Citalopram ordered by a neurologist. I didn’t need an anti-depressant. My neurological issues were caused by depletion of Vitamin D. I only realized this later after some serious stomach irritation (tachycardia and other symptoms) had developed from my body’s reaction to Citalopram.

My hair was falling out in handfuls and my circulation was very bad. Had it not been for the need of correcting a hammertoe no one would have diagnosed me with Raynaud’s disease. I didn’t know what that was. I had never had it until I took the Prilosec. One of the causes sited in articles on Raynaud’s disease was listed as “medication”. I wondered what medication am I taking that might cause this?

I decided to find out if this might be caused by Prilosec and then I read all of the side effects by this poison. I “googled” how to get off of this medication and I was shocked at the stories of people who wanted to get this drug out of their system. I can’t believe that the FDA allows this drug to be on pharmacy shelves without a prescription. And worse there are doctors who tell us that we need it.

I began to cut my pills down from 20 mg. to 15 mg. with a pill cutter. I alternated for a week while taking marshmallow root capsules, slipper elm, and papaya enzymes (all from the health food store). The next week I took only 15 mg. Then I cut the pills again with a pill cutter and the next week alternated 15 mg. and 10 mg. The following week I took 10 mg. for 7 days. The week after I alternated 10 mg. and 5 mg. and so on. I always took the health food supplements and I never needed any antacid drugs of any kind. Sometimes I had mild burning but I was never in real pain and I always slept well.

I did watch my diet. Initially I looked up alkaline foods and only ate those. As the weeks went by I added other foods that I had given up. I am nearly normal in my diet. I am almost at the end of quitting these poisonous pills. My hair hasn’t been falling out as much. And I plan to continue the health food supplements then gradually reduce them to let my stomach live naturally. I will always continue to take a probiotic and vitamin D3.

I hope that I could have been of help to at least one person who wants to rid themselves of Prilosec forever. Best to all of you.

• Barbara
      Tn

I have been on omeprazole for 8 years, I weaned myself off and am currently drinking 2oz of aloe Vera. My esophagus feels sore!!! Anyone have this issue. I’m going to try Junie’s supplements and see how that goes.