Q. I had a wart on my right ring finger for years. Although the dermatologist had frozen it and cut it off several times, the wart still was there.
I needed nerve surgery on that finger but the wart was in the way. My hand surgeon told me to put nail polish or instant glue directly on the wart and keep it on for three weeks. That would cut off the air supply a wart needs to survive and grow.
I did that religiously. When I returned for my pre-op visit, the wart had died and popped out when hard pressure was applied. This was so simple and painless it was amazing. The glue I used caused no ill effects to the surrounding tissue on my finger and the nerve surgery proceeded.

A. You are not the first person to tell us that instant glue can be successful against warts. We’re glad this remedy worked for you.

1. PP12

I’ve tried a pharmaceutical product called Kolodium Forte for warts which behaves a little bit like instant glue. After application, it begins to dry, forming a layer on the skin. As it’s drying, it seems to slightly dissolve the skin, but very slightly. It is a very, very slight stinging sensation. This lasts for a short time, then it stops. After about an hour, you are left with a white patch on the skin which is the layer of Kolodium Forte. It sticks to the skin much like instant glue does. This white layer remains on the skin until you peel it off, and reapply. Kolodium Forte contains: Alcohol, Acidum lacticum, Acidum salicylicum, Nitrocellulose, Chelidonii extractum fluidum, Thuya Occidentalis Extract, Ricinus Communis Oil, Terebinthinae etheroleum rectificatum, Ethyl Acetate.

2. Jason

The best cure is getting a Dr. to electrically burn them off. My Dr. did mine for $20 per wart. Leaves a small scar but gets rid of them and they don’t come back where they’re burned.

3. Tom M.

When I was a boy, 65 years ago, I contracted in-growing warts “planter warts” on the bottom of my feet. There were 6 or 8 and they hurt so bad I was having trouble walking. We went to the old family doctor who had made many house calls when I was very ill. He prescribed something I was to put on each wart each day and to peel this dried stuff off the next day and replace it.
    I made model airplanes and this stuff smelled and acted just like model glue. I think it was glue. The warts were holes in my feet. Each day I pulled the glue off the hole became shallower. After about a week the wart stuff came out stuck to the glue. It was Great!! I’ve forgotten a lot, but I haven’t forgotten that. I now have an in-growing wart on my thumb.
    I think it’s the result of a metal splinter. I have frozen it twice and put acid on it many times, but I don’t think I’m making much progress…so I’m now trying super glue and epoxy and if I can find the old model glue I might do that. I really think the super glue is going to do it.
    Thank you very much for this web site! You are helping many, many people.
    Love to all,…Tom

4. So

Would the nail polsih on foot warts work?

5. crd

Could the glue be used for skin tags, large ones and many of them in unmentionable areas? I have had them burned off and frozen and it is difficult and painful for that many at one time. I hope and pray someone will have something easy and productive. Thanks
    PEOPLE’S PHARMACY RESPONSE: WE HAVE HEARD FROM PEOPLE WHO USED THIS TYPE OF GLUE ON SKIN TAGS WITH GOOD RESULTS. WE HAVE NOT SEEN ANY STUDIES TO SUPPORT THIS PRACTICE.

6. GS

Thanks to The People’s Pharmacy, I used instant glue on a seborrheic keratoses on my face. In a couple of weeks this unsightly growth was removed. I covered it at night and rubbed it off the next morning. It seems that the glue hardened and by rubbing it off, I rubbed off the dead skin of the seborrheic keratoses.

7. HA

Would this remedy work for plantar’s warts? If not, is there another remedy?

8. mb

Might the instant glue suggested for removal of warts work on seborrheic keratosis? I’d be interested in hearing of any treatment that others have found to be beneficial. I have a number of these and with age, that number continues to increase!

9. Dave

my dermatologist has frozen some seborrheic dermatitis on my face with no results. Has anyone used a home remedy with success?
    PEOPLE’S PHARMACY RESPONSE: SOME READERS HAVE REPORTED SUCCESS PUTTING MILK OF MAGNESIA ON THE AFFECTED SKIN OVERNIGHT, AND WASHING IT OFF IN THE MORNING.

10. JDE

Could you please elaborate on the term “instant glue?” Is this the Krazy Glue type of product you can buy at the dollar stores, or is a more special type of glue?
    PEOPLE’S PHARMACY RESPONSE: KRAZY GLUE AND SUPER GLUE ARE TRADEMARKS, BUT THAT IS THE TYPE OF PRODUCT INTENDED.

11. RC1956

I have 8 warts on one hand and another at the top of my forehead. The glue idea is one I would like to try, but how do you keep the glue from washing off? Do you reapply it after washing or is there some brand that won’t wash off?
    An oddity to the wart issue: I know that warts are viruses, but on two separate occasions in the last year I have been on intravenous antibiotics at home through a PICC line. All but two of the warts have markedly decreased in size or disappeared on each occasion. They came back in between courses.
    How does this work if viruses are not supposed to be cured by antibiotics?
    PEOPLE’S PHARMACY RESPONSE: INSTANT GLUE, ALSO KNOWN AS SUPER GLUE, SHOULDN’T WASH OFF EASILY, THOUGH IT DOES WEAR OFF.
    IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE RESPONSE YOU FOUND WITH THE ANTIBIOTICS WAS A CONSEQUENCE OF AN IMMUNE RESPONSE. IF THE IMMUNE SYSTEM GOT ACTIVATED, IT WOULD KNOCK OUT THE WARTS.

• PP12

Hey, I’ve heard about this effect that antibiotics have on wart viruses. For a while now, I’ve been wondering about the nature of the bacteria-to-fungus-virus relationship. However, given that you received antibiotics intravenously, this suggests high-strength broad spectrum antibiotics, e.g. fluoroquinolone type antibiotics, which are said to destroy ‘anything’ which resembles a microorganism with DNA. This is why they are said to destroy or damage very important normal cell organelles called mitochondria (responsible for oxygen synthesis/energy production). Perhaps, in your case it’s just a sign the antibiotics are affecting all the cells in your body. I don’t know… any thoughts? :)