Knox unflavored gelatine, strengthen your nails

Q. I had been suffering with aching joints for a little over 10 years. Doctors didn’t pay attention because I’m only 37. Yet I could not move well and was in constant pain.

My mom read about taking gelatin to ease joint pain. I didn’t listen, but then she asked me to do her the favor of printing out some info on this subject off the Internet for a friend.

She’s very wise: the friend was me! She knew I would at least try it if I found others online with similar afflictions.

So I gave unflavored gelatin a try, a little bit in a glass of water. I was skeptical but by the third night, I was able to move my toes with no pain!

It had been a decade since I’d felt this good. In about a week and a half after starting, my hands were not swollen and I was able to type, brush my hair and do other tasks I hadn’t been able to do before. To me, it is a personal miracle.

A. We heard about this remedy for joint pain a couple of years ago from a reader who stirs a packet of Knox Gelatine into juice, oatmeal or yogurt every day. You can read more stories on our website, www.peoplespharmacy.com.

1. Me
    MD

How long is this gelatin recommended for? I bought 2 containers and would like to know how much the packets contained for my own measurement. Also my mother is taking it per the advice of the caregiver and she is over 70 years old. Are there any side effects? Should it be taken for life?

2. Nancy
    Keansburg, N.J.

I just read all the comments said about using gelatin for joint pain which I do have in my knee and hip.Also, I was diagnosed with scoliosis and sciatic pain .I am definitely going to try this! And hopefully this will help! Thank you for sharing your comments!

3. Liz
    Toms River, NJ

I just started my 1st dose. I intend to do 2x a day 1/2 packet am & pm in a cup of tea. I’m having severe pain in my fingers. Have osteoarthritis & Osteoporosis so I’m hoping this works. I will update in a few week…

4. Hafeez
    UAE

Sir please tell me. Will it work on rheumatisum?

5. Doug
    Illinois

I mix a packet of Knox with approx. 1/3 cup of natural fruit juice or the brand “Vitamin Water” , it turns into a jell that I eat with a spoon.

6. TERRY

I was taking an envelope of knox gelatin a day for about a week for knee osteoarthritis. All of a sudden, I developed diarrhea, which I never had. I stopped gelatin and diarrhea ended. Can I restart use with smaller dosage?

7. Bill
    Tallahassee, fla

Hi Betsy….Thanks much for the tid bit…Will try on our oatmeal in the am…Merci..Bill

8. Melinda
    Texas

What is the recipe for consuming this gelatin?

9. Janie
    Harlingen texas

What is the difference with regular flavored jello

• Betsy
      Savannah, GA

The difference between flavored jello and unflavored is that it contains sugar. We just read, we are as a country are eating way too much sugar. I put it in my hot oatmeal which I eat with no added sugar and some fruit on top. You will never know you have added it.