Q. I am not enjoying sex with my partner, as he is not a good lover. Please suggest some odorless, colorless medicine I could put in his food to reduce his libido.
A. Despite folklore about saltpeter (potassium nitrate) dampening desire, there is no OTC drug to reduce libido. Please seek counseling with your partner to improve his skills and the relationship.

Get The Graedons' Favorite Home Remedies Health Guide for FREE

Join our daily email newsletter with breaking health news, prescription drug information, home remedies AND you'll get a copy of our brand new full-length health guide — for FREE!

  1. BP

    Reducing sex drive is sometimes necessary, like if one partner is unable to fulfill the other for medical reasons. I would try Licroice and/or Vitex.

What Do You Think?

We invite you to share your thoughts with others, but remember that our comment section is a public forum. Please do not use your full first and last name if you want to keep details of your medical history anonymous. A first name and last initial or a pseudonym is acceptable. Advice from other commenters on this website is not a substitute for medical attention. Do not stop any medicine without checking with the prescriber. Stopping medication suddenly could result in serious harm. We expect comments to be civil in tone and language. By commenting, you agree to abide by our commenting policy and website terms & conditions. Comments that do not follow these policies will not be posted.

Your cart

Shipping and discount codes are added at checkout.