Q. Thank you for a wonderful birthday present. I started your raisin and gin remedy a week and a half ago and I have never moved better. My joints have stopped hurting, my legs feel great and I could dance all over town. I will be 71 tomorrow and you have made my day.
A. Happy birthday! Such good news makes our day too.
Many readers find gin-soaked raisins are very helpful for joint pain and arthritis. Those who would like more details or are interested in other natural remedies for sore joints may want to read The People’s Pharmacy Quick & Handy Home Remedies from National Geographic.

1. Mollie

Only use golden raisins. Gin must contain juniper berries. Together they have a chemical reaction good for arthritis. Eat eight raisins a day.

2. Peggy T.

How do you do the gin-soaked raisins? How much gin to the raisins? How many do you eat a day? Thank you kindly….

3. Tom

I like to drink martinis. So, can I add a bit of vermouth to the Gin soaked raisins, or will that kill the therapeutic effects for arthritis?

4. Bob

I was wondering the specifics of this remedy. How many raisins do you need to eat each day and how often. Do the raisins have to be golden or do any raisins work. Also, like the last comment above, what gin is best to contain the juniper extract? thanks.

5. alexis

As I recall, P Pharm has recommended only using gin with juniper berries (concentrate from same). I guess the others use chemical substitute juniper? Good point. After reading the labels on all of the gin bottles (employee may have thought I was casing the joint!), I saw only a few (out of maybe 12?) brands that claim to use herbs, of course they are at the high end. P Pharm: can you name brands which actually use juniper? or some way of telling from labels?

6. Syed A.

Thanks for the info. I don’t drink so I have no knowledge about about Gin. Can you tell me what brand is the best ( Not expensive one ) I use to soak raisins.
    Syed

7. Shirley H

I have had good results with the gin soaked golden raisins and am wondering if they can be eaten 2 times a day. I now eat them after breakfast and think another dose at bedtime would be beneficial.
    Thanks

8. Torrence

OK, if gin-soaked raisins work, how do you use them and how much do you take? Many people put up suggestions that do not put in the details that are needed by the readers. Thank you.