Tune in to our radio show on your local public radio station, or sign up for the podcast and listen at your leisure. Here’s what it’s about:
How can we raise healthy children? One place to start is with feeding them right. Simple whole foods, not highly processed white rice cereal, should be our babies’ first taste of the world. Organically grown food may be even more important for growing youngsters than it is for adults. Which foods matter most?
Giving baby a good start may begin right at birth. Most traditional cultures follow a practice that gives newborns the best possible foundation, but in many modern hospitals this simple technique is overlooked. Should it be adopted? How hard would that be? You can learn more about this approach at DrGreene.com or watch Dr. Greene’s TEDxBrussels talk.
Guest: Alan Greene, MD, is founder of www.drgreene.com, cited by the AMA as “the pioneer physician Web site.” He is Chairman of the Board of the Society for Participatory Medicine and founder of the WhiteOut Now movement to change how babies are fed from their very first bite of solid food. His books include Feeding Baby Green and Raising Baby Green.
He is a practicing pediatrician, the father of four, and a friend of The People’s Pharmacy.
 You can find more from @DrGreene on Twitter and Facebook

1. Leni Reed N.

I wish every parent and parent-to-be would be familiar with Alan Greene, M.D.! His work is so important for the health of today’s kids and future generations! Your podcast was great in that it highlighted many practical ways to raise well-nourished healthy kids. Thanks!

2. EJ

What is the name of the pesticide that Dr. Greene mentions? It sounds like he’s saying porpyrophos, but the closest thing I could find was piperophos which is an herbicide. Thanks.

3. ADJ

This was great information and now we are on the path to better health and nutrition for our family.
    Thank you for sharing this vital information.

4. lw

btw, we’ve read from many sources that organic is more nutritious than non-organic – b’c of chemicals in soil, plant metabolism of minerals is compromised… )
    see Organic Consumers Assoc/Organic Bytes
    see Food Democracy Now
    see Food and Water Watch
    etc.
    THANKS!

5. Lyn Relph

It was a beautiful moment when Dr. Greene was describing eating a banana with your baby, pinching off a bit, mashing it up, eating some yourself and sharing with baby. That will indeed make a difference in baby’s life.

6. Joyce Allenber

Oh my goodness. Finally Dr Green has presented a real program for preventive health. It actually begins in the womb with the mother’s diet and environment laying the foundation for a healthy fetus, but Dr. Green has proposed actual steps for the mother to take to improve the child’s chance of living a healthy life. I had never even thought about what we feed our babies in infancy as imprinting poor food choices in later life. It makes total sense to me.
    I wish every young potential parent could hear this podcast or read his books. Good for you Dr. Green. Thanks.

7. mmmc

One of your best shows in my opinion. I am an organic grower and find it hard to explain WHY organic is so much better- not only what is in it but what is NOT in it. I love Dr. Green’s comparison to pharmaceuticals. This can make sense to most folks, hopefully.

8. malick sidibe

I’m glad we have this kind of show on podcast. I will not say everything I eat is organic but I try to feed my family with organic as much as possible. I know we can not avoid chemicals in this country but I try to do my best to minimize the use.
    Here is a type of show I can spend time listening to. You are making a big difference in people’s life when it comes to health.
    Thank you for your hard working Terry and Joe. Thank you to Dr Greene and all the radio stations that broadcast this show.