Q. I have read about raisins soaked in gin for arthritis pain, but have hesitated because of the gin. Lately, someone sent me another remedy that I tried. I found it works so well that I thought you might like to share it with your readers.
Mix about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a cup of hot water, then add 2 tablespoons of honey to it. Once it is cool enough, drink it. Do this daily for 2 weeks.
After I tried this, I was able to wear regular shoes comfortably for the first time in months. Before, I was limited to backless shoes. My ankle has not felt this good in over a year!

A. We appreciate the remedy you have shared. We’ve not encountered this approach to joint pain before. We do include a wide range of other remedies for stiff, sore joints in our Guide to Alternatives for Arthritis.

1. C.S.

Does anyone know if honey and cinnamon will help with carpal tunnel?

2. GJKGH

I’ve had shoulder pain for 20 years. I think its inflammation from overusing my arm at times. I recently used organic honey to sweeten my coffee and low and behold I haven’t had shoulder pain since that day. this was about a week ago. I didn’t have to use cinnamon. its amazing that I can clean and take care of my kids with no more pain.

3. pgs

I have had rotator-cuff surgery on right shoulder. Still have some pain.
    Now left shoulder is going. Advise from my physician to use 2 tsp of honey daily will reduce pain. After about 7 days I feel great. Did not need to add cinnamon.

4. JB

Can honey and cinnamon be helpful to someone who is HIV positive and is having pain in the joints and the legs?
    PEOPLE’S PHARMACY RESPONSE: The only way to find out is to try it. It won’t hurt.

5. Danielle

I had never even heard of cinnamon and honey to relieve joint pain before. It is amazing what natural remedies can do for your joint pain. I have seen people be able to stop taking their pain meds simply because they tried natural remedies and the pain went away. Great post, I am definitely going to remember this and recommend it to others! :)

6. Paul R.

I just read some outstanding articles on how effective cinnamon and honey is in preserving your health and curing many diseases. Is this true or is it just hype?

7. lpc

Is it safe to take this much cinnamon daily? I seem to recall reading somewhere that it is helpful in small quantities, but not recommended in larger doses.

8. LLS

I think I will try this method.. MY feet have been hurting for a long time… This may be due to the over use of Cipro.. Has anyone ever heard of DSMO treatments for the bladder? After a cystoscopy and bladder biopsy, I was diagnosed with Intertestial Cystitis or IC. Symptoms mimic UTI’s. DSMO seems to be the route my urologist wants to take…. Very leery of this… Would appreciate any comments…..