Learn home remedies and treatments for eczema and skin rash in this People’s Pharmacy Video.

1. Barbara W.

I have a a really red rash for over 2 months now. My doctor first thought it was fungus but it did not respond to any of usual fungus remedies. I went to dermatologist and she took biopsy. Biopsy showed that is proabably a medication that I am taking. Triameterene HCTZ for blood pressure. Stopped this med over 3 weeks ago and started using a steroid cream. I am experiencing improvement on the spots where I apply the cream, but I continue to have new areas that are involved. Would it take this long for the effects of the drug to get out of my system?

2. JJ:L

any help for ichthiosis (dry, scaly skin condition)?

3. CatherinaLucy

Am suffering with from the past two years. Even am taking a treatment for that, but still there is no change in my face.

4. RR

I have very irritating skin itch. No Dr has yet diagnosed my condition. I’ve seen dermatologists, allergists, etc and no relief (except prednisone which I’m afraid of any long term use. I’m age 86 and in reasonably good health otherwise. I can get relief for usually about 24 hours taking one dose of 400mg of ibuprofen and 25 mg of benedryl. Is it Ok to continue this regimen?

5. VH

LJ, I have been suffering from eczema on my eyelid and am at a loss for safe treatments. Have you found any yet?

6. LJ

Is there a treatment for eczema that can be used on the eyelid?
    PEOPLE’S PHARMACY RESPONSE: WE DON’T KNOW OF ANY.

7. cpmt

Someone told me olive oil is good for eczema.

8. LT

Moisturizing has been the basis of my cure for eczema. Lots of creams, daily, or twice daily has made such a difference. I’ve become a moisturizing queen!