Learn how to treat insomnia in this video with Joe Graedon.

1. CCK

I have been taking 1MG of lorazepam for 10 years, now I can’t get prescription renewed. Dr. wants me off of drug.
    Method of withdrawal is 50 MG of trazodone each night while taking reduced amounts of lorazepam until can stop altogether.
    I am having headaches but thought that was due to withdrawal.
    Sure don’t want to get addicted to trazodone.

2. nancy

I take 100mg of Trazodone every night. It helps me get to sleep in about 20 minutes. However, I wake up about 4 hrs later-between 2:00 and 3:00AM and cannot get back to sleep without further medication. At that time I’ll either take another 50mg of traz. or 1 mg lorazepam.
    I am 70 years old and in great health and have been on this schedule for many years, but wonder if I am doing irreparable harm to my body. I’m sure I’m addicted; however, I’ve tried many other drugs including otc and nothing else works for me.

3. VHM

I take 1 Tylenol PM each night, and it works for me. Even if I have to get up at night for a trip to the bathroom, I can go to back to bed and sleep right away. I have tried doing without it, and I don’t sleep. Probably addictive to it I suppose, because I get a good nights sleep when I take just one.
    What I want to know will this Tylenol PM hurt me in any way. I do take 3 prescriptions but not when I take this sleep aide. I take a blood pressure, a cholesterol pill and a thyroid. All work well for me.
    PEOPLE’S PHARMACY RESPONSE: MONITOR YOUR RESPONSE TO SEE IF IT IS AFFECTING YOUR MEMORY OR COGNITIVE FACILITY. ALSO SEE IF IT MAKES YOU UNSTEADY WHEN YOU GET UP AT NIGHT. THOSE ARE THE MAIN HAZARDS, AND MAY NOT BE A PROBLEM UNTIL YOU ARE OLDER.
    THE OTHER POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECT IS LIVER TOXICITY. ASK YOUR DOCTOR TO RUN TESTS TO MONITOR THAT UNLIKELY POSSIBILITY.

4. Deb

I have developed trouble with insomnia over the past three years and have tried many techniques to get to sleep. Lavender is helpful as is valarian—Sleepytime tea Extra contains it, for tea drinkers. Sometimes the opposite happens and I am up for hours. It is a huge problem to function well at work the next day!
    Also, doing a review of the day and handing it all over to God/Higher Power for the night, letting go in other words, can be wonderful if my mind can remember to stop and do that! Sleep medicines always cause residual problems for me.
    Thanks for trying to help people find healthy solutions to life’s troubles!

5. Doris

It takes me 1hr or more to go to sleep. By 2:00am I wake up every hour until I get up around 8:30 am. I don’t take naps during the day. I take
    AMBIEN to make me go to sleep.

6. o.t.

I just want to know when someone posts a reply.