Learn how to cope with headaches in our video with Joe Graedon.

1. Angela S

ONLY if you catch the migraine at onset. My neurologist suggested four Advil if I don’t catch it in time. This usually works. However, yesterday a friend gave me feverfew and it kicked a 3-day-old migraine in 30 minutes!

2. Ranju

Try drinking two glass of water then rest.
    Or
    Try making a paste from a wheat flour- take a 4 spoonful for wheat flour and add water to make a thick paste. Apply this around the forehead and let it dry until the headache is gone and wash off with warm water.

3. Greg Pharmacy Student

VCE,
    Often headaches can be avoided through modifications in diet. Feverfew can also be used to prevent headaches.

4. vce

My son was recently diagnosed with cluster headaches… Every day about the same time the headaches start. Is there a natural way to aid in getting ride of them or maybe a mineral deficiency which he could have that is causing the pain?

5. Greg Pharmacy Student

RFM,
    Good point, if your headaches become chronic, see a doctor. If you have several migraines per a month you should be put on something to prevent your migraines.
    Many headache suffers will be happy to hear that headaches can be avoided by changing diet or avoiding certain foods.
    Seeing your doctor or your pharmacist may open your eyes to what your headache triggers might be.

6. Beth

I suffered from hormone related migrane headaches for years. I read about taking a Calcium Magnesium supplement, starting a couple of days prior to my monthly menstrual cycle and it worked beautifully. I recently told a friend about it, and she had the same response. I just wish I had known about this 20 years ago! I also wish my Doctors had known to tell me about this easy treatment!

7. RFM

This is all too drug-oriented. At least some mention should have been made that if the person’s headaches are chronic, they should ask to find a dentist who deals with such problems rather than tearing up their GI tract with possibly needless medications.

8. R. John

Severe migraines respond to Sumaptrin (Imatrex). It is by prescription only and brings relief within 20 minutes.