Learn how to treat and prevent heartburn in this video with Joe and Terry Graedon.

1. WW

I have always liked the taste of mustard. I have also recently started eating a bit more saurkraut. There used to be a product that was just saurkraut juice but I can’t find it anymore. Could it be the vinegar in mustard as well as the turmeric? I will try mustard next time I have a need for this remedy. Thanx.

2. Sue T

I’ve used milk, buttermilk, and just water for unexpected reflux/burning.

3. PW

When I have acid reflux or heartburn I take a teaspoon of vinegar, works like a charm.

4. RW

I have had very limited relief from over the counter antacids. Based on recommendations found at the Peoples Pharmacy. I have had excellent results with papaya enzyme found at my local heath food store. Moreover, this product is cheap and easy to use. I have had lesser success with chewing gum although it did provide a measure of relief. Thank you for providing this information on the website as I have recommended this treatment to friends also suffering from this malady.

5. Lyfe

I’ve been on Prevacid 30mg for a few years and try to wean myself off every now and then. After a few days, the heartburn is unbearable. And because I’m unwilling to give up my caffeinated coffee, I think I’m stuck. However, chewing sugarless gum has been very helpful for me when I get breakthrough acid during the day. And Tums helps at night, plus I think it actually helps me sleep a bit better, too. Stress is the #1 cause of my acid and I can’t eliminate it, unfortunately. So my best friends are Prevacid, chewing gum and Tums. Better living through chemistry!

6. How to cure heartburn

This one is probably the most informative and practical guide on the subject of acid reflux and heartburn. I am a medical student and have always found the alternative approach to be more complete and fascinating.

7. PCM

Couldn’t view the video — my computer is 2005 model, guess I don’t have what I need to view.
    I’ve been a fan for many years. I hope the trend isn’t to more videos… since I can’t view them.

8. AMR

Yes, I also found saliva to be helpful…plus, I like Alka Selzter…you know, plop,plop etc.

9. NJ

Thank you for this video. I am going to follow some of your suggestions and see what will work for me.
    I love your show and have listened for 25 years. As a nurse, I think you have kept me more up to date than my in-service. Thanks so much.

10. cke

I have terrible reflux that wakes me up several times a night with coughing, then acid taste then vomiting. I also have a hiatal hernia. I have tried all the prescription meds & OTC meds plus antacids. Nothing seems to help even sleeping sitting up. What do you find helpful?

11. Bryan

I really enjoyed this video. not only was it very learning savvy I finally got the chance to see you all in real life. (Well is you tube real life?? ha).
    Well I use to suffer from severe heartburn from the age of 17-25. I have to pin it on STRESS. Some folks don’t realize how much the outside world has to do with the frequency of heartburn. I quit my job and moved to another field and just like magic it went away.
    After spending 6 of the 8 years on 90 mg of Prevacid a day I can now enjoy the occasional Tums to cure what ails me… I love ya’lls show keep up the good work.