Q. I have been having constipation problems for over a year. I tried everything, from increasing my activity level to adding more fiber to my diet. I took soluble fiber supplements and Chinese herbal medicine. Nothing really worked.
Then I finally tried flaxseed. I bought ground flaxseed before and it did not work. This time I use whole flaxseed and grind them right before taking 2 tablespoons every day with yogurt.
It works like magic. I am no longer suffering constipation.

A. Ground flaxseed goes rancid quickly, so it makes sense to grind it just before consuming it. Flaxseed is also found in Uncle Sam cereal.

1. A.M.G

Can I take Prozac with ground flax seed?

2. Sera M

After reading about flax seed, I started using it and it worked for a about a month, but now am back to being constipated. Is there anything I need to add to it or just increase the intake?
    Thank you.

3. Dustin H.

Is it possible to eat too much flaxseed a day? If so, how much?
    Thanks for the tips.

4. HomeGuy

Just eat more fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink more water and sleep appropriately. There goes the constipation.

5. joy e.

A women wrote that she grinds her flax see just before using it, how does she grind it?? Would a coffee grinder work?
    Joy

6. BA

Is it safe to use herbal teas in combination with prescription medications for anxiety/depression?
    PEOPLE’S PHARMACY RESPONSE: IT IS NOT SAFE TO MIX ST. JOHN’S WORT WITH ANTIDEPRESSANTS SUCH AS EFFEXOR OR PROZAC. OTHER ANTI-ANXIETY HERBS MIGHT BE FINE.

7. DE

Wal-mart also sells the cold-milled golden ground flaxseed. Works like a charm.

8. Sandra

Costco sells cold milled golden ground flaxseed… no need to refrigerate and won’t go rancid for a year. Great value!

9. https://me.yahoo.com/a/2_m5qM0lp9xsZEVXfi.a6wW1dSrlL9ah#74d8a

Use a coffee/spice grinder (electric) found at most dept stores, Wal-Mart, etc.

10. Carol

What do you use to grind the whole flaxseed?