Dermatologist Dr. Amy Wechsler discusses with us the most effective ways to treat the excessive sweating known as Hyperhidrosis.

——–

1. MPT

For bad underarm odor wash the underarms with betadine wash. It kills the bacteria that causes the odor. After 2 or 3 times the odor is gone for good.

2. kbs

I have a 12yr old daughter she has really bad under arm odor. I have used every type of deodorant there is please help me. what can I use???
    People’s Pharmacy response: Has she tried rubbing alcohol or milk of magnesia? They don’t seem like deodorants, but many people find them helpful. Good luck to you both!

3. Julie A.

I have no life what so ever. I can go outside in the heat or the cold without sweating from head to toe. I can’t wear makeup I can’t even move without sweating. Please help….

4. Gracie

I am a gymnast with really sweaty hands and feet. Staying on the beam is hard enough… staying on with sweaty feet is almost impossible! I don’t know what to do to stop or even lessen the sweating. I just want it to go away so I can focus on the tricks and not the sweat marks left behind on the mat.

5. jb

I have become a prisoner in summer with sweating from my head. No makeup, hair soaked, too embarrassed to go out. I live with a towel around my neck. So miserable any physical activity is impossible. Help!

6. KSM

For under arm sweating I had my Dr. prescribe me Drysol. I have tried every type of deodorant/antiperspirant there is. Even ones that say they are clinical strength. This is the only one that works and I mean it works!!!! But I have a problem with my hair line and face sweating so bad. I am soaking wet after any short activity and so hot it makes me sick to my stomach and really tired…. any ideas?