Q. My husband swears by golden raisins soaked in gin for arthritis pain. I don't like the taste and read about pomegranate juice with Certo in your column. How much Certo should I use to a glass (8 ounces) of pomegranate juice?

A. Pomegranate juice is a recent twist on an old home remedy for arthritis, Certo in grape juice. About one tablespoon in 8 ounces of juice may be helpful.

We provide more information about raisins in gin as well as Certo in grape juice, along with many other simple inexpensive approaches, in our Guide to Home Remedies.

1. Kim

Would the grape juice/certo arthritis remedy be a problem for someone taking Coumadin?
    Thanks,
    Kim

2. David

I drink a juice that has 19 superfruits with glucosamine added into it. I have all kinds of joint pains and it works for me.

3. gary

Where can I purchase Certo?

4. Pat

If you have Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD or AMD), you should (unless you smoke or have cancer) also take a vitamin preparation designed for AMD–Bausch & Lomb has one formulation called “PreserVision”, based on the AREDS study. You should also be under the care of a retinal specialist and perform an Amsler Grid exam daily….

5. sc

I have wet “amd”. Dr. recommended omega 3 fatty acids, 1000 mg. What is a good dosage DHA/EPA mix???

6. Lou G

I read about grape juice and Certo last fall while I was suffering a painful medial column collapse of the right foot that the doctor attributed to the psoriatic arthritis. I was going to have surgery in late November, but tried the juice/Certo in October. I didn’t tell the doctor, as I didn’t want to be possibly admonished.
    For some mysterious reason, the pain started subsiding, then went away. The doctor was amazed but said surgery should only be done as a last resort. He said if it flares again, we’ll decide then what to do. So I see him next month for a checkup and will mention the juice/Certo. I’m not saying that’s what put the arthritis in remission, but something happened as I couldn’t hardly walk at the time. So I’ll continue taking it. I take an 8 oz glass of grape juice, with 75% less sugar, which I think is healthier for me, and a tablespoon of Certo.