Q. What is the home remedy for getting rid of skin tags on the neck?

A. Dermatologists can remove skin tags surgically. Some readers of this column also report success with a liquid bandage called New-Skin. Although this remedy doesn’t work for everyone, here is one testimonial: “I tried the liquid New-Skin on my skin tags.  I apply two coats one time per day. Within a week to ten days, they shrivel up and fall off. Thanks for a great tip!”
++++++++++++++++++
If you are interested in practical, affordable home remedies, you may wish to subscribe to our **free** online newsletter. It offers questions and answers about drugs, home remedies, nutrition and non-drug approaches to healing; commentaries on the most pressing health issues of the day; special alerts on breaking health news as it happens and coverage of the top health headlines of the week.
It’s easy to subscribe to our online newsletter. Just enter your email address in the white box on the upper right corner of this page just under Free email newsletter. It’s also easy to find us on Facebook and Twitter or sign up for the free podcast of our weekly radio shows. Stay informed with us, The People’s Pharmacy.

1. tealnrose

I had a skin tag about the size of a nickel on top of my head. I used apple cider vinegar at least 3 times a day applying with a Q-tip. It took about 3 weeks but is completely gone.

2. robert d

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR WORKS!!! I had a skin tag in the front of my armpit area. I tried some home remedies like nail polish remover… that didn’t work, it just made it very irritated and it hurt. Apple cider vinegar worked… I put some apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball, put that on top of the tag with a band aid over it and went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning I took off the band aid and the tag fell off… It was that easy!!! I had the cotton ball on for at least 12 hours.

3. robin

I have them around my eyes and I am afraid to use just anything. any ideas?

4. Jean L

I have removed several skin tags from my neck with store-brand liquid bandage. I didn’t cover them with bandaids and it worked every time.

5. Jeb805

I have used liquid bandage (even the drugstore brand works) on skin tags with good success. Brush on 2x/day. The key is to cover it with a band-aid. They will fall off within 7-10 days.

6. DL

I have a skin tag in the area of my underwear line and its really sore so I can’t wear underwear. I would like to know how to get rid of it. Thank You.

7. JK

I use white hospital tape. It is like paper, but stays on in the shower. (You can buy it at the drugstore.) Cover the skin tag and change tape every 3 days until the skin tag is gone.

8. LO

Will these techniques work for a skin tag on my underarm area?

9. VH

I tie them off with white thread… they shrivel-up and die! Sometimes takes several days… Watch for redness/signs and symptoms of any complications…

10. vb

I have used castor oil with success to remove skin tags. I apply a little to the tags daily, usually at bed time. It usually only takes about a week.

11. JT

I have a home remedy for skin tags that I learned from my mother, who learned if from her mother-in-law: potatoes! For as many consecutive nights as necessary, tape a small slice of fresh white potato over the skin tag. I’ve tried it, and it works on small ones. I think I lose patience for the larger ones!