Q. My daughter had several plantar warts on her sole. We treated them with duct tape for several months with limited success.

Listerine has been used for eliminating fungus, so I thought it might also kill wart viruses. I put undiluted Listerine in a zipper-top plastic bag and had her soak her feet for 10 minutes.

She only repeated the treatment a couple of times. The warts disappeared in about three weeks and haven't returned. It might be a coincidence, but she is happy to be wart free!

A. Warts are susceptible to a surprising range of home remedies. Readers have reported success with duct tape, a few drops of fresh lemon juice, iodine or castor oil. Thanks for sharing the Listerine idea. We’re glad it worked.

1. sandy

I caught a plantar wart from caring for my granddaughters feet as she had two. Mine was big and painful and I had it frozen but received no results. A friend told me she had spent $1000s on trying to get hers removed and finally was told about Listerine which worked in 2 weeks. So, 2 weeks ago today, I started using Listerine and it is 99.9% gone!!!! I am 3 days into treating my granddaughters re-occurring warts with Listerine!!

2. bertha f.

Thank you so much. This is the easiest home remedy I have ever heard. I most definitely will try it. I have about 20 plantar warts on my foot. They are disgusting and embarrassing! luckily for me they don’t hurt.

3. Rex

Years ago I stumbled on this remedy for plantar wart. It seem unbelievable but it cured my plantar wart and ever since did not recur. I just soaked the affected foot in Listerine while watching TV, did not rinse and just dried my foot. One session was enough. Great remedy, beats Duofilm!

4. Barbie

Hello.
    I have used listerine twice once, to cure my fungus on my right foot, and last year to eliminate a wart that had grown on my right thumb joint. I only used a cotton ball soaked in listerine and dabbed on my my feet and on the wart. I did not have to saok either the foot or the wart, It took one week to work for both conditions,
    Barbie

5. Rex C

AS I was surfing the web for the remedy for my plantar warts, I stumbled into a post about Listerine. Truly, after just one session of soaking my affected foot in Listirine for 10 minutes, my warts just dried up! It only takes maybe about 10ml of the solution, undiluted.

6. Dana B.

Thanks for telling about Listerine!! I have had several plantar’s warts on my left foot for over 1 year… and i have tried several things that didn’t work well.
    But i will be sure to try listerine.
    Thanks again!

7. Adam

Would Scope or other mouthwash products work as well?