Here’s a remedy that goes back generations. We can’t explain or vouch for it… but it has been popular for a long time to promote regularity. A reader shared the following :

“I have always had problems with regularity and recently I read that a teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey mixed in 8 ounces of warm water can act as a cure for constipation. I tried it and it worked.
“I now drink a cup of this concoction every day. I do not use the honey, because I like the tartness of the lemon. I brush my teeth immediately just in case the lemon would affect my enamel.”

Brushing your teeth is probably prudent, but rinse your mouth with water and wait at least ten minutes before brushing. Lemon juice can soften enamel temporarily and the scrubbing motion of a toothbrush at that time could damage it.

1. Anonymous

2 months before I had annal fissure surgery. so plz kindly inform me, can I use honey with warm water for constipation & weight loss.

2. mac

honey and lemon juice with warm water first thing in the morning does work for me like a charm for the very first day. When I started I was 175 pound after a month I saw result cause I lost 20 pound of my weight… honey, lemon juice with warm water early in the morning before breakfast.. and wait at least an hour before eat…is the key..it worked for me, it can work yofor u too…try it.

3. Nomvula

WooooW WooooW I remember last week sunday after church I got into a Chinese shop and I was asking the Chinese guy about constipation tea, I bought a box of some tea called intestine & stomach soothing tea. One lady was behind me. When I left the shop she followed me, she stopped and said for constipation please use honey, lemon and brown sugar on warm water first thing in the morning. The next morning I decided to just use lemon and honey and I was free that same day. It’s been day I’m using this concoction and it works… it’s a miracle.

4. CTB

I just saw your comment today, but better late than never. If the pills you want to find were in the Consumer Reports magazine, you can find their website and either a telephone number or e-mail address that you could call or write to and ask the name of the pills. If the pills were a product they tested, they will have those records, for sure. I don’t think that the magazine accepts any advertising, but if this was an advertisement, they probably have records of that also.
    May luck be with you!

5. bfrombmore

Yes lemon juice and honey work like a charm. I mixed a small lemon juice bottle and honey in a gallon of water and drank throughout the day. The next day, I was clean as a whistle.

6. Karen

Please if you are going to do this on a regular basis, use fresh preferably organic lemons, not the bottled stuff as shown in the picture. Also, do not put a toothbrush or paste in your mouth within 30 mins. The toothpaste and brush will damage your enamel.
    Organic fresh lemons, unfiltered unpasteurized apple juice and a splash of pure unfiltered apple cider vinegar…will keep your system in tip top condition.
    Good luck and enjoy
    Oh, those with allergies…take a spoonful of “local” honey, honey that was harvested from your area. It will build up an your resistance to allergies.

7. tutorjb1

Hi TWL: You should ask DT, the dental hygiene student whose post is just above (before?) yours. I’d be interested in the “straw-proposal” as well, but don’t know if I’ll be back or not.
    tutorjb1